Onsite Ergonomic Evaluation
SpineCare is dedicated to working closely with businesses to help them find ways to control costs associated with employees’ spine problems and other health-related issues. Our SpineCare occupational therapist, who is a certified ergonomic evaluation specialist, can provide onsite job evaluations to help employees return to work safely and help employers prevent workplace injuries.
The goals of the analysis are to:
- Identify the duties and tasks of the job.
- Identify the physical requirements of the job.
- Identify the risk factors (critical job demands) of the job.
- Identify the mechanical work aids available at the job.
- Identify the client’s ability to integrate the principles learned at SpineCare into the work place:
- Proper posture and body mechanics
- Proper lift techniques
- Cervical/lumbar stabilization during work tasks
- Interruption of prolonged positions
Recommendations are provided following the evaluation in a written report. The recommendations are reviewed with the employees during the analysis. Copies of the report are sent to the employer, employee and the referral source.